Thursday, July 24, 2008

Passport Update

I'm sneaking downstairs to post a quick Passport Update.

At this time we still do NOT have two correct passports. It's my understanding that one is fine; the other is not. Out of my MOI group, thus far the count is 3 incorrect passports. I know a woman whose passport came out over a MONTH ago with an error and she still does NOT have a corrected one, so I'm not feeling too optimistic. My guess is someone who didn't pass 2nd grade spelling is having a ball typing away at those passports in the Immigration office.

Sooooooo, the chain goes like this.

Passports - medical exam - birth parent interview - review of papers Visa.

And let's see where we stand. . .

Passports. . .nope! Sucks to be us.

We are waiting for word to even schedule the birth parent interviews.. . .so another stall there.

And on top of it all, UNICEF is in Haiti breathing down everyone's neck, and the U.S. Consulate is mega-paranoid in their Visa reviews.

Some days it feels like these boys are NEVER coming home.

2 comments:

Beau said...

Sarah...I am so sorry that the wait has been so long for your family! We pray and think about you all everyday ;) Miss you!

Beck

ManyBlessings said...

(((HUGS))) The wait AFTER MOI is the killer. Praying for you and those boys.
d