Monday, July 07, 2008

Happy Campers



For the first time in a lllooooonnnnngggg time, I spent the weekend free from adoption anxiety (sorry, no official news of any kind to report, but honestly, I'm just too worn out by the whole thing to register disappointment anymore) and the all too familiar I-should-really-be-cleaning/mowing/gardening/ironing (insert chore here: ____) guilt.

We played in the sand, swam, hiked, ate, watched fireworks and visited with new neighbors. The kids didn't fight, I didn't blow up the trailer using the gas stove, and Cliff didn't create a DNR-sized health hazard when emptying the septic tank. It was a weekend that we sorely needed.



(For those of you who know Cliff's sister Mary, doesn't Paloma look so much like her in the above photo?!?)

I must say that I LOVE living in such a tiny space. It's kind of like playing doll-house! I realize now just what a waste of space our big homes truly are. Granted, I wouldn't want to live in a trailer 365 days of the year, but I think I'm going to love going away to one each weekend where it takes me 30 minutes to clean it top to bottom, there's minimal space to create a mess in and I don't have the I-should-be-mowing/vacuuming/organizing/whatever guilt.






I'm amazed at how many things it did not occur to me to bring, but I kept a list and we'll take another packed van-full up midweek.

Paloma easily went to bed for me (a first in a loooonnnnggg time), exhausted from all her 'firsts,' including her first time pirating a boat (from her brother, Atticus), and her very first pedicure (courtesy of Jimmers).



The fresh air and beer-infused boccie ball games with our crazy neighbors plum wore the Mister out. Atticus was certain that Dad would catch a fly or two in that mouth!

5 comments:

Sawatzky Kids said...

Great pictures Sarah! Looks like you guys had a wonderful weekend! Thanks for sharing all those great pictures! I think we may need to come camping there next summer! lol

Melanie said...

Awesome place! I love it, especially Cliff's barbie sleeping bag ;-)

Pagel fam said...

Your place looks awesome!--and to be right next to your parents...it doesn't get much better than that!! We are so happy for you guys!!

Pagel fam

small town girl said...

Everyone looks like very happy campers! Great pictures!

A Blessed Life said...

Your new pad is adorable! It looks so new. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I was hoping to get a glimpse to FEED MY JEALOUSY!
Enjoy your blessing!