Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Four Things Never Fail

1. Without fail, every time I venture into our basement to check the old email because, after all, Sara E. could be emailing me the news that we are out of MOI, the telephone will ring upstairs. I race upstairs each time to answer the phone, because, after all, Sara E. could be calling me with the news that we are out of MOI.

2. Without fail, every time I use up the last drop of creamer on my morning cup of coffee, I will inevitably set the cup down momentarily on my family room carpet while I race to get an early morning telephone call, because, after all, it could be Sara E. calling me with the news that we are out of MOI. Without fail, I will manage to upset that cup of coffee and spill the contents over my light beige carpet. Without fail, I find myself left with a huge coffee stain to clean and only 2% milk to stir into my coffee.

3. Without fail, on the afternoons a grumpy Paloma most desperately needs a long nap,UPS or Fed Ex will deliver something to our house. Without fail, my heart will begin to race in anticipation, because, after all, this could be a document from Sara E. stating that we are out of MOI. Without fail, it will be a delivery of the Mister's work materials. Without fail, I will hear the truck on its approach and subsequent slowdown/stop in front of our home, and I will begin to race, Chariots-of-Fire style, to the front door in order to beat them to the doorbell. Without fail, they will beat me, ring the doorbell, ditch the package and wake up the baby.

4. Without fail, this entire MOI situation has me acting like a complete spaz.

3 comments:

Sawatzky Kids said...

LOL! What a boring place the world would be without all of us spastic people in it! ;)
Shelly

small town girl said...

You are forgiven! Sometimes we just cannot help ourselves!

Courtney said...

I have SO been there. Waiting is rough!!