Friday, June 06, 2008

No Complaint Zone


No complaining.
No whining.
No moaning.
No groaning.
No b*tching.
No gossiping.
No judging.
No criticizing.

On NPR, I heard about a St. Louis pastor who gave his congregation a 21-day No Complaint Challenge. The testimony of those who succeeded was inspiring. Thus, my new code of conduct for the next 21 days straight. And if I fall off the wagon, the 21 days start over again. It took many of the participants 3 months to do this, but I'm okay with that.

By all accounts it has been a good week. My baby boy turned 6. We had a great party. I finished a huge amount of yardwork. Sold a bunch of stuff to consignment. Came out $3.96 in the black from the Drug Store Game (more on that later). Yet, I am knee-deep in a quagmire of self-pity and negative attitude.

I think I may go postal on the next person who complains to me about how long the adoption is taking. And I fully expect The Mister to go postal on me the next time I complain to his poor ears about how long the adoption is taking. Everywhere I turn, I feel negative. Yard work looms. My family room setup is driving me batty. And I can't manage to get our basement organized to save my life.

So, I'm picking myself up by the bootstraps and kicking my negative attitude to the curb. If you catch me moaning and groaning on here, feel free to point it out. I promise I won't whine, criticize or judge you (not even behind your back).

3 comments:

Jen said...

You and I are on the same wavelength! I have made a vow to myself and those around me to complain, whine, b*tch, and moan as MUCH as possible, thus causing those around me to be both unesay and miserable.

Good luck!

Melanie said...

A family room arrangement driving you batty?? Sounds like a job for 'super girlfriends'...invite us over and we'll have that family room to your liking in no time! And if not, we'll have had fun trying ;-)


small print...contact Michelle B for references; arrangement satisfaction not guaranteed in the morning, warning: may contain hysterical laughter

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

Vent, moan, whine, we all have those days and quite frankly...we need them now and then.

Aves