Monday, June 30, 2008

Getting by with a Little Help from My Friends (and My Mom!)

Last Thursday my BFF Melanie and my dear Mom threw an adoption shower to help us prepare for our impending arrivals. I must say, it was AWESOME to attend a shower in my honor not looking like a cow and being able to knock back a glass or two of champagne.

My mother's party philosophy is, "Never skimp on the cake. Always have an incredible cake that the guests will never forget." She did just that, as we gorged on this adorable and moist white cake with apricot filling (wording courtesy of the 5FC 2007 Christmas Card).

Everyone loved the idea of placing the flowers in sand pails!

And a shower would never be a shower without an incredibly super cute baby to pass around and coo over (thanks for sharing Addie, Amy!).


My very thoughtful friends realized just how much MORE laundry I'll be doing with two more boys.


We had photos of our trips to Haiti strategically placed around the wine and iced tea bar, which was the busiest spot in the house.


And you know you're with a large group of moms when they naturally sit a la library circle time, even when there are chairs nearby!


You know a true friend when they hobble over to celebrate your adoption three days post-leg surgery (thanks, Jill!).


And Melanie is THE party gift-wrapper master!


Thank you so very much, Melanie and Mom, for throwing such a picture-perfect shower. What an incredible way to help welcome in our two very special boys!

2 comments:

small town girl said...

What a great bunch of friends and family you have! Looks like an awesome time was had by all!

Jen said...

Looks like you had a great shower. The boys are being spoiled already and they are not even here yet!