Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Feeling Smurfy


My children gifted me with these blue garden clogs for Mother's Day, and the shoes have fast become my favorite footwear. Squishy and comfortable, they clean right up in a jiffy with a garden hose. What more could a mom ask for?

"Check those out!" the Mister said when he came home and found me in my shoes. "Those look great!"

"Yes, I call them my Smurf Shoes," I gleefully told him, knowing he understand the reference. I tried that title out on the kids, but it fell flat since they have no clue what a Smurf is.

The Mister just stared at my feet. "Why? Smurfs wear white shoes."

I stared back at him, a bit incredulous that he just took away my thunder in an instant. "Yes, but these shoes are bulbous and the same color as a Smurf."

"Well, then you should call them your Smurf-colored shoes, or your Smurfy shoes," was his retort.

Yes, unbelievable but true, my life has come down to a semantical discussion regarding the Smurfs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I forgot to mention that female smurfs... well, there was only Smurfette until the little smurf kids appeared- anyways, she wore white high heels as I recall. I still love the shoes and admit they do give me a smurfy feeling when I see them.
-Cliff

Melanie said...

I kid you not, I just read - while surfing google news - that there is a Smurf movie deal out there...maybe our kids will know Smurfs after all! Wait, is that a good thing??

Sawatzky Kids said...

LOL! I was going to post the same thing Mel! hehehehehe
"Long the Smurfs!"
Shelly

Sawatzky Kids said...

Of course I meant "Long Live the Smurfs!" I need to re-read these comments before i post them! lol
shelly ;)