Monday, June 23, 2008

Birthday Pictures

We've done a whole lotta birthday the past two weeks. Here are a few pics from all the festivities:

Hattie and I made Frog Party Favors for Atticus' frog-themed birthday party.


1.5 hours of work = 75 water balloons = 5 minute water balloon war.



We had an alligator pinata that actually broke in a reasonable amount of time. Usually they either break before every child gets a crack at it; OR they are so durable that even the strongest adult at the party cannot break it with a steel bat.



I labored until 1 am making Hatfield's birthday cake. Hopefully it can be recognized as an I-Pod. I will say this about home-made cakes: no matter how horrible we as adults think they look, our children will always think they are COOL and look AWESOME!




Hatfield's present from Mom and Dad.



Despite warnings from the APA, Atticus feels the best way to start the day is with a cake-and-ice-cream induced sugar rush.




I can now honestly say that I am *offically* cake-and-ice-creamed out. We have a two month reprieve until Paloma's birthday in August, and I think it will take that long before my blood sugar levels return to normal.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I agree with Atticus, cake is the perfect breakfast food. I now throw out any cake leftovers the night of the party just to prevent the next day gorging!!

Melanie said...

Super cool! I love the frogs and what an awesome bike...maybe you can teach/motivate Ev to learn how to ride hers! And, I love Paloma in the silky blue's clues jammies!

Happy Summer B-days! Woo Hoo!

This Mama said...

Great job Sarah, what fun! Cake in the morning, yeah, I am guilty of that too.