Friday, May 30, 2008

Trying to keep positive, sane and focused

I am a very overly-paper pregnant woman trying her best not to pop.

We are finishing up week 11 in MOI. A gal I know got out yesterday, and they went in only mere weeks before us. Our time has to be soon, right?!?

Some days are surprisingly easy; schoolwork, outside playtime, garden time, soccer schedules and poof! Three, four days go by before I can comprehend it.

And other days, like yesterday, inch by. Tic tock ticking in my head. I could barely sleep, out of that jumpy, excited Santa's-coming-in-the-morning little kid feeling in my belly.

I'm beginning to panic at organizational things that must get done in the house before the boys come home; and the things that I would love to get done, because I know once the boys are home it will be a long time before I get a chance to tackle those projects. Because once they are home, my ONLY priorities are playing, reading to, bonding and having fun with all five of the kids and husband. Everything else can go to pot for a while, and that's just fine by me.

I've signed off on the Haitian adoption/orphanage Yahoo group boards, and that has been an excellent decision. No longer am I using my time obsessively checking for news that never shows up, nor am I fuming over the comments of those who just don't get it (IMHO, mind you.) I feel my internal tempo switch to something a bit more upbeat, and I am enjoying this waiting, nesting time much more.

This morning while drinking my coffee, I've created a mental "To Do" list that, fortunately, for me today has me excited and itching to get at it. So that's just what I'm going to do.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Sawatzky Kids said...

He put a child in the middle of the room. Then, cradling the little one in His arms, he said, "Woever embraces one of these children as I do embraces me, and far more than me- God who sent me."
Mark 9: 36-37 (The Message)
Praying that Gods perfect time and blessing will bring your boys home quickly.
Lots of love
shelly and gang