Friday, May 02, 2008

My Hattie Lulu


This is my favorite photo from Hatfield's 10th birthday 'photo shoot.' I'm taking them ahead of time this year; we have 3 kids with summer birthdays, so financially it's easiest to spread them out over 2 months. That and I 'got smart,' long since giving up on trying to get all of them to sit still and stay clean while waiting for their turn. Once the boys arrive, then I'll bring all 5 in for a sibling photo.



I should write something eloquent about my baby girl turning 10, but I just can't. My throat tightens, my eyes fill with tears, and my heart hurts. I'll gather myself up off the floor and write when her birthday arrives.

Paloma, who came with us for the appointment, spent the entire time trying to get in the photos. The kind photographer offered her a turn at the end of Hatfield's session--how adorable is this?

3 comments:

Sawatzky Kids said...

Beautiful! Hattie you look absolutly gorgous in these pictures!
Shelly and gang

Wife to the Rockstar said...

BEAUITFUL!!!

small town girl said...

She is a beautiful girl, inside and out! (I know that from reading your blog!)