Saturday, April 05, 2008

60 Degree PARADISE

Yesterday and today have both brought 60 degree temps--whooooohhoooo!! I know all you Southern readers are shivering, but for us Northerners. . watch out! We are all revelling in the glory of this weather. Yesterday I began the major undertaking of cutting back our 10 privacy shrubs, bordering the back fence. "Shrub" is a bit of an understatement, as these poor tree-like creatures were grossly neglected by the previous homeowners, leaving me to cut away a good 8-10 years of neglect. I have 3 down, 7 to go.

It's so warm that I soaked through a sweatshirt and stripped down to a t-shirt, my arms now looking like I got into a fight with a cougar. But I couldn't care less! Just being outside working in the yard makes me an infinitely happier person. So inspired am I by the weather, I created the Master Yard Goals List this morning while drinking my coffee in the sunny spot at our kitchen table. The sunshine has even put the Mister in a good mood, who reviewed the list, nodding his head, enthusiastically asking me to arrange the list in order of importance.

I would post progress photos, but the computer is in the shop with a MotherBoard problem. Just being told that the MotherBoard blew up makes me giggle--I feel like I'm on Star Trek or something (Disclaimer: I have NEVER seen a full episode of Star Trek, so if I sound like an idiot, this should explain it.) Keep your fingers crossed that we fall in the 9 out of 10 category in terms of being able to retrieve all of our files.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Don't you love Sping!!! We have had some beautiful days lately and just when I allowed my mind to think the dreaded Winter was over...I woke up to snow today. Oh well...it's only a matter of time before I can get out in the yard and scratch up my arms too!

small town girl said...

I can so relate to this. I have "the back 40" (not really 40 acres, might as well be though) that needs this attention. Everything grows so fast down here. Once I took on two huge hollies that flanked my front door. I thought I was cutting off 10 years worth of neglect. I looked like I got in a very bad knife fight, and then got a bad rash on top of that! The next year, they grew back the same way, almost covering my front door and windows. The year after that I just cut them down!!!

PS thanks for the comments on my CO blog!

Sawatzky Kids said...

HEY!! Congrats on the sixty degree weather!! We are not there yet but your post gives me hope!!!!! I remeber those bushes...it is a HUGE undertaking! But I am sure the finished result will be gorgeous!
Later Tater
Shelly