Friday, February 22, 2008

Slowly. . . going. . . crazy

All through my adoption journey, I have heard the very common lamentation that adopters dread weekends because weekends=no news. I have always empathized with these folks, but must admit that I never truly felt dismayed at an approaching weekend.

That is, until now.

The past few weeks have been tough. Endless waiting. Endless snow. Endless cold. Endless winter.

And the icing on the cake is that this morning my doctor diagnosed me with infected ears, sinuses (would that be sinui? sinai? sini? Hope my college advisor isn't reading.) and tonsils.

Lovely.


My only reprieve is that I am reading the BEST book I have read in a long time: "Mountains Beyond Mountains, The Quest of Dr. Paul Farmer, a Man Who Would Cure the World." Jill tossed it at me on Wednesday night while we were leaving her house, and it has knocked the other books down a rung on my reading ladder. I have barely set it down since. I'll review it once I'm done. All my Haiti friends: read it.

1 comment:

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

I am with ya sista in my waiting anguish!!! I am hoping that there is news, but M is too busy, so when she has time to relay the news, the floodgates, motherload of all news will come pouring forth for everyone.

Aves