Monday, February 25, 2008

One for the Books

This may seem like an odd thing to post, but given that at the end of each year, I have my blog printed into a book for the family history purposes, this news simply must be in there.

Today, February 25, 2008, Mr. Atticus is WILLINGLY eating a bread product. He ASKED for a delicious honey ham sandwich on a homemade kaiser roll. He is not lying on the floor, curled up in a fetal position, crying at the prospect of having to ingest a little flour, salt, sugar and yeast. He is inhaling this thing, and I am praying that his belly is full afterwards because it is the last of the ham and the last of the kaiser rolls.

And wouldn't you know it, I can't find my camera anywhere. I distinctly recall taking it away from Paloma and Atticus, and for the life of me, I cannot remember where I hid the blasted thing.

On a related tangent, last night we watched Atticus eat plate after plate of dinner. I think he had 3 servings. This morning, he ate two breakfast bars (they're heavy), one huge orange, a yogurt and two glasses of OJ. Just one boy, who's just 5. Cliff and I looked at each other and it hit us just how HUGE our grocery bill is going to be when these three boys are teens. Can you imagine? I know some of you certainly can, and if you posted your monthly grocery bill, I'd probably hyperventilate. Yikes. Mr. C, you better get that paper route back and find us a high-interest 60-month cd in efforts to prepare for this inevitable grocery inflation.

2 comments:

Jen said...

He won't eat bread products?? That is ALL Sam will eat!

Do you print the blog out yourself? I am thinking of doing the same thing...

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

I am curious about the printing as well...

Aves