Monday, January 07, 2008

Simple Lessons

Atticus loudly informed me this morning that what I need to do, in order to be a really REALLY GREAT teacher, is this:


A pencil behind my ear.

So I tried it, and you know what?


I did feel like a much better teacher. Certainly smarter. My ego certainly grew a size or two, as Atticus bestowed compliment upon compliment, all testifying as to my greatness as a teacher.

But really, Atticus is the great teacher this morning. I love how children can demonstrate their faith and beliefs in the simplest acts. Sometimes I get so caught up in the systems of homeschooling, that I forget it really is the simplest of things that make the best lessons. Thanks, my boy, for the great reminder.

3 comments:

Sawatzky Kids said...

Love the new look! I think Atticus was right you can't beat a good pencil behind the ear! I will have to stick one behind my ear and see how much IQ goes up.
Later Taters
Shelly and gang

Jen said...

I think the pencil adds a very professional touch!!

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

Ok, now I am jealous, I just wish my students were as easily impressed with me....LOL

Aves