Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

Hmmmmm, I wonder how many blogs are using the same title for their post today...

Happy New Year! Out with the old, in with the new, and for us, we're ringing in the New Year with a few less things hanging around on our Honey-Do List.

Cliff painted the boys' bedroom!




I'm not finished decorating it quite yet, but it's such a HUGE improvement over the old one! Atticus LOVES it so much that it "makes him want to cry." To which Cliff responded that the kid is spending WAY too much time with me and my girlfriends, and that he would be taking him to all UFC match nights from now on (he was kidding).

While we tag-teamed parenting the kids, I finished organizing both girls' closets. I am taking the "Blessed Home" approach (the woman is a genius; the link is on the right; check it out!). One bin for clothes to grow into; one for clothing they grew out of. If they have more clothing for the "grow into" bin than what fits, we go through and decide what to keep, what to pass on, because really, no one needs more clothing than what fits into a bin. The results are clutter-free and fabulous:


And a major milestone in my life as a Homeschool Mom occurred: my ironing bar is E-M-P-T-Y.


This is the first time since we began homeschooling that my ironing was finished! I can keep up with all the laundry no problem (again, thanks to the "Blessed Life" approach. Love her!), but the continued pileup of ironing has been a huge thorn in my side.

We rang in the New Year with our Annual Party! It was a success, with good friends and a slew of kids running about. Yours truly won the Guitar Hero Tournament, based on points, with two of my three performances earning 100% 5-Gold Star Performances. Cool! We had so much fun partying, that the only photo I got of the whole affair was a pre-party pic of the Kid's Favor Bowl:


So we welcome in 2008, and we wish everyone a wonderful and very blessed year!

1 comment:

Sawatzky Kids said...

Happy New Year Cruz's!
WOW the boys' room just looks fun! Those colors are GREAT! Well done! Glad to hear the annual bash went over so great! Although :( that we weren't there! Those pictures of your closets makes me want to organize something here!
Seven more days till Clifford is one year older! hehehe I think we'll have to call and sing happy birthday!
Shelly and gang!