Thursday, December 20, 2007

On the Seventh Day of Christmas

On the Seventh Day of Christmas, My True Loves Gave to Me:





Seven Beds for the Makin'

In preparation for the boys' arrival, we did a major bedroom overhaul earlier this fall. Hatfield moved into Atticus' old room, Atticus into Hatfield's, and two sets of bunk beds were brought into the house.

I don't know who created bunk beds, but goodness gracious, you think someone by now would have created an easier way to make the darn things!!! I have cracked my head more times than I can count, and I can't stand having to crawl down those little ladders after putting clean sheets on the beds.

One would think that since two of the bunk bed's residents are not home just yet, it would mean two less beds to make, but oh no. Atticus loves playing musical beds, each naptime and nighttime spending the night curled up in a different spot. And Hatfield, although she only sleeps in one, uses the other as her "reading spot," where she hunkers down with a good book, messing the sheets in the process. Since she's reading, I'm not complaining, but again, it's one more difficult bed to make on a regular basis.

Seven Beds for the Makin'
Six Extra Things on the To Do List
Five Packages of Fudge
Four Hours of #@$*()#& Frustration
Three-Legged Beagle
Two Crazy Cats in My Christmas Tree, and
One Border Collie Named Wanda

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Love Paloma's PJs...I remember those! And her new haircut is adorable...looks like mine:-)

Sawatzky Kids said...

Great to see Paloma's Big Girl Bed!
Miss ya
Shelly and gang