Wednesday, December 12, 2007

On the First Day of Christmas

On the First Day of Christmas, My True Love Gave to Me:

One border collie named Wanda!


Meet the newest member of the Five Frozen Chamorro Crew! Wanda, Hatfield's new best friend, joined our crew shortly before Thanksgiving, but we have been waiting until our annual 12 Days of Christmas (okay, so I've only done it once before, and stopped at day 8, still!) to make her Grande Debut!

We adopted our beloved Wanda from the Bay Area Humane Society. She is 3.5 years old, sweet, gentle-natured, and very well trained. I have fear that her previous owner may have been too harsh in his training, as she tends to cower when she is uncertain and is hesitant at times. But, with lots of love and play, we see Wanda come out of her shell a bit more each day. She is a very smart girl, and Hatfield has been able to successfully use simple commands with her. We plan on starting Wanda and Hattie in training this winter, with their big dream of working on agility training later this year.

2 comments:

Sawatzky Kids said...

Hi! Can you guess where I am typing this from...can ya, can ya?.....I am writing this from my own house!.....YAHOOO!:)
I can hardly believe I am back up and running after what seemed like endless months of cruel isolation! I am just leaving this one comment on your blog but I did read them all and WOW have you been a busy lady since I left! So good to see your little ones and the new puppy!
Miss ya lots!
Later Tater
Shelly

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

Congratulations on Wanda!!! What a greta 1st day of Christmas gift for the family.

Aves