Monday, December 10, 2007

It's a Girl!!!

I've always felt a sisterly kinship with my beloved washing machine, but in all honesty, I've never truly known that she was a girl until this morning.

Now, you old-school sexists out there may scoff, thinking, "Duh, of course the washing machine is female. It does woman's work!"

Tsk tsk tsk.

I now know because this morning, I went in to check on Atticus' laundry and found this:




A shiny clean Hot Wheels, pleasantly waiting on the edge for neat and tidy retrieval. Can you say, "Multi-Tasker?" Of course my machine has to be female!

Freshly washed, stain-free clothing and shiny Hot Wheels? No male washing machine would even attempt it.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Of course she is a girl!! My new washer and dryer must be as well. Afterall, she can do twice the work in half the time...must be a girl!