Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A Miracle of Polaroid Proportions


Shortly before my May trip to Haiti, old butterfingers here dropped her camera. On the basement floor. On the concrete basement floor covered by a mere splattering of ugly beige basement carpet. After the battering, my camera would start, but would promptly display an Error screen. After calling HP, I was informed by a consultant that I had rendered the camera inoperable, and if I wanted to, I could send it in and pay an upgrade fee for a brand new "refurbished" camera. After finding the a great electronics website (www.buydig.com), I found the camera I wanted, brand-new, for less than the "upgraded" refurbished one. Take that, HP!

So the old camera became one of Paloma's newer favorite toys, and yesterday Hatfield picked it up while we were cleaning the basement. "Oh, it doesn't work," she said, turning it on and seeing the 'Error' screen. She pressed some buttons, turned it on and off a few times, and:

The darn thing is working again!!! As Atticus accurately articulated: It's a miracle! (how's that for some wicked good assonance? Bet you all are j-e-a-l-o-u-s)

If finders are keepers, then so are fixers, and the camera is now Hattie's. She is spending most of her free time the past two days taking photos, and she's pretty good! Of course, her favorite thing to take pictures of are her brother, sister, dog and My Littlest Pets. Mom tends to run from the camera.

2 comments:

Sawatzky Kids said...

Hey you know the old saying...Easy come, easy go, easy come again...or something like that ;)
Shelly and gang

Jen said...

I am glad to see another family with far too many Littlest Pet Shop creatures! Grace loved them a year or so back and I became a crazy woman searching for the "rare" ones that she did not yet have. Can you say "Slightly Obsessive"...