Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Can-O-Rama

My mom and I canned salsa this past Sunday, courtesy of my garden. As we have not canned for some time, it was a bit of a 3-ring circus, but what fun! I cannot begin to describe the excitement and satisfaction one feels at the end, when the jars announce they are properly sealed with a cute lil 'ping!' We have bread-and-butter pickles as our next canning project.

The ingredients all ready to go (the Corona is optional):


The salsa must be cooked prior to canning:

Our equipment, sterilized and ready for surgery:

Boiling the jars:

Viola! Our finished product:

2 comments:

me said...

How weird that I just checked your blog and saw this post. I am off to can hot sauce tonight. Yours looks delish!

Lila

Sawatzky Kids said...

Yummy looking salsa! Are you sure your not part LATINA!
Shelly and gang