Monday, July 02, 2007

Father's Day

I always feel so very humbled in the presence of my husband. He works incredibly hard so that I can stay home and raise our children and never once has he complained; he comes home cheerfully and gives us his full attention and affection to our children; he always puts his kids' needs and wants about his own; he never asks for anything for himself; never is conflicted between spending time with families and friends; never complains about lack of sleep; and never wants me to be someone that I'm not. I realize that I'm making him sound like a saint, and belive me he's not (he still hasn't figured out how to close the front hall closet so that the entire neighborhood isn't looking at our winter jackets, lol!), but today is a day to celebrate our man of the house, and I do that by giving praise for all things wonderful about Cliff.

So for Father's Day 2007, we woke up to a gorgeous sunny morning, and after a big homemade breakfast, we decided to hightail it out of town to Point Beach State Park. The skies were sunny, the beach was empty, and we had a glorious time with our three little fish.




1 comment:

Sawatzky Kids said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!
What a wonderful tribute to Cliff!
And awesome pictures as well!
Shelly and gang!