Sunday, May 20, 2007

Safe and Sound

What a whirlwind of a week. I am now back home, safe and sound, from my time in Haiti. I MET MY BOYS!!! And fell in deep, hard love with them. And them with me. And now I'm here, and they're there, and life is trying to go on.

The trip was incredible. It's still hard to wrap my mind around everything I saw. Time is at a premium here--days go by in a blink of an eye--so I'm going to make each day of the trip it's own blog entry, to cut down on the chance of me having one long forever unfinished blog entry.

This will be my first time writing about my time in Haiti. I tried to journal while there, but it was too difficult. So much of what I saw was painful enough that I didn't even want to begin to process it, and the act of journaling made it all too real while I was there.

No comments: