Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Holiday Weekend Work

Wow, did we keep busy this holiday weekend! The kids and I were hard at work on our family vegetable garden. To date, we have in 8 tomato plants of different varieties, bell peppers in red, yellow, orange, green, purple and "chocolate" varieties, 4 varieties of hot peppers, 5 kinds of beans, tri-color sweet corn, and 1 Spanish peanut bush. Varieties of squash, eggplant, lettuce, radish and onion are patiently waiting to be placed in the garden.




Cliff and Boppa got to work on one MAJOR project: our flagstone front patio/walkway. Nearly done and the result will be gorgeous! I'm looking forward to having a morning cup of coffee on my patio's little bistro set while watching the kids play about.



My mom kept busy working on my sideyard shade garden. She was even treated to a visit by Toots, the delightful cat who lives next door. The results are nothing short of her Martha Stewartesque talents; it's one of my favorite spots in the yard:


2 comments:

Sawatzky Kids said...

Lookin Good Cruz's
The Swat Team

Melanie said...

So can you rent these hardworking, talented family members of yours???...next stop Mel's house! The place is lookin' great and I can't wait to reap the benifits of your fabulous veggie garden (he, he)...you figure it all out this year and then you can be my consultant next spring!